Best online gambling sites for New Zealand players in 2021: play and enjoy!
Nowadays gambling becomes more and more popular with a great amount of people. And the number of gambling websites has increased in recent years.
There are over 27 online casinos and pokies that are available in New Zealand. We’ve checked them to find the most popular online gambling sites with the best user experience. There are top 10 New Zealand gambling sites with the best ratings:
- Tsars — New Zealand’s best odds
- PokiePlace — exclusive daily racing promos
- Grand Rush — members get loyalty bonuses and promotional offers
- 21dukes — 2021’s most visited online casino in New Zealand
- Moons Casino — best new online casino in New Zealand
- Fire slots — best games variety
- Cherry Gold — best for poker and live table games
- Joo — fastest and easiest pokie options
- GetSlots AU Wheel Joker — pokie slot games
- Tangiers — best free pokies and practice play
You’ll definitely have a great experience visiting these New Zealand gambling websites.
Is online gambling legal in New Zealand?
New Zealand residents can certainly indulge in gambling in a legal online casino.
However the Interactive Gambling Act of 2001 did pass laws when it comes to gambling in New Zealand. However, these new laws affected only online casino providers, not the individuals who played online gambling.
Despite this fact you should pay attention to legality. Before using any online gambling over the internet, make sure it’s legal. It must be on the register of licensed interactive gambling providers to operate in New Zealand.
Only licensed gambling providers can legally offer online gambling products in New Zealand.
Do New Zealand players get taxed on their winnings?
In many countries when you have a big win at the casino it is treated as part of your income and you are taxed accordingly. This taxes can be really high. For instance, in the UK they can be up to 50% of a person’s winnings.
New Zealand winners of all sorts of gambling are lucky ones. Gambling taxation in New Zealand does not affect the average New Zealand winner directly as gambling taxation is effected on a corporate level, not an individual one. This differs from many places around the world, like the case of Great Britain; where the winner pays the taxes on the gambling prize.
New Zealand government has another view in comparison with the rest of the countries cause they have different approach to gambling taxation. Where many nations, like the UK, Germany, France view gambling winnings as income; New Zealand views it as luck and just hobby.
The idea is clear. Gambling cannot reasonably or rationally be considered income because it’s part of free time and sort of entertainment.
Another reason that gambling winnings are not taxed as income is that “gambler” is not considered a profession in New Zealand. Gambling is considered a pastime and recreational activity.
The government taxes gambling operators instead. Taxation of gambling operators in New Zealand differs from state to state and different gambling services are taxed differently. There are taxes on the turnover, on player loss and net profit. As gambling operators need to obtain a license to offer their services, certain fees must also be paid at this phase of gambling business.
The use of different tax rates and tax bases makes it difficult to compare taxes across states. For example, the ACT’s keno tax rate of 2.5 % of turnover is equivalent to a tax rate on gross profits of 10%.
Are New Zealand online casino sites safe to use?
The most important criteria for online casinos is that they should be safe and secure. Online casino sites become a very popular form of online activity. That’s why it’s essential to find the most trusted online platform, offering the safest online gambling experiences. When playing at online casinos for real money, safety should always be a player’s first concern.
We’ve monitored a lot of New Zealand online casino sites and done casino reviews. There are some websites from a large number where the safest.
New Zealand online casinos are represented:
- Casino Moons — the most trusted and proven website in online casino industry
- 7bit casino — top-class customer support and fast, secure transactions
- Katsu casino — outstanding variety of games, tons of banking methods and great bonuses
- Ocean Breeze — customer support and wide range of bonuses and promotions
- Red Dog Casino Bonus page— exceptional customer support, great games and optimisation for both desktop and mobile play
To sum it up, it’s safe to play casino games online. When players use such kind of websites that are registered and regulated (as above sites) by appropriate gambling authorities.
Are free games available at New Zealand online casino websites?
Initially, plenty of games at New Zealand online casino sites are free. If you can load the site and play without downloading anything or even signing up, you don’t have to worry about spending real money. You can play free pokies for practice to your heart’s content.
However, once you decide that your gaming is quite good, you might want to start betting real money to win real money. From this moment you can choose how much you’re ready to bet and how many paylines toy play.
Best casino bonus codes
Firstly, let’s define what “bonus codes” mean. Bonus codes are a combination of both letters and numbers, and sometimes symbols. They could also be made of a definite word or phrase. The casino industry offers bonuses in the form of a bonus code in their marketing campaigns in order to attract new players or encourage players to make new deposits and be active on their platform.
If you are a passionate casino player and you’re looking for generous and attractive no deposit bonuses, sign-up bonuses and related perks, then you should check the list below. You’ll probably find the suitable one for you.
Our top New Zealand casino bonus codes:
- LuckyTiger— 50 free spins. Code: LUCKYTIGER50FS
- Fire slots — 100 free spins. Code: PNPB100
- Cherry Gold — 100 free spins. Code: Q3B8FACWE
- Casino Moons WT2 Bonus lp — 25 free spins. Code: WW25SPINS
- 7bit casino — 20 free spins. Code: 7BITCASINO-20
- Katsu casino — 25 free spins. Code: KATSU25
- Ocean Breeze — 50 free spins. Code: OCEAN50
- TwoUp Casino — $10 no deposit. Code: TWOUP10
What are online casino payout percentages like?
Payout percentages aren’t hard to value. They’re just a measure of how much money players can expect to win on average. To put it another way, payout percentages tell you the proportion of money bet by players that the casino pays out in case of winnings. Payout percentages are often called return to player percentages (or shortened to RTP %).
RTP is calculated by third-party audits. Online casinos that do not display their RTP steadily has a low RTP. You must avoid these casinos at all costs. The audit will total the sum of every bet placed on every round by every player over the course of that time frame. They will also determine the sum of how much each player wins per round. The way Video Poker and Pokies work is that the bet is given up when it is placed, and the game will either pay out or not, but either way that bet is lost. This differs from Roulette, Craps, or Blackjack, where your bet remains on the table till the end of the game, and that bet is either returned along with the winnings or taken by the house. The amount won by the players over the course of the month is divided by the amount the players bet, which determines the RTP.
You can also determine the RTP of an individual game session by keeping track of how much you bet and how much is paid out. For example, if you bet $10 at a time and play 100 rounds of Pokies, you would have bet a total of $1000. If you won a total of $900, the RTP for that session would be 90%. The RTP is almost always lower than 100% in terms of a month-long audit, but can be much higher when calculated an individual session. For example, if you bet $1000 and won $3000, the RTP would be 300%!
What games have the best winning opportunities?
These are 5 games with the best odds. You’ll have all chances to win there.
- Video Poker. Video poker gives you a great opportunity to win at online casinos. They offer 9/6 Jacks or Better, which features 99.54% return to player (RTP), or a 0.46% house edge.
- Blackjack. Online casinos regularly offer games with less than a 1% house edge.
- Baccarat. Mini baccarat is one of the few online casino games that offers low house edge.
- Online French Roulette. It refers to a special rule where you can get half of your money back. If you make an even-money bet that loses due to the ball landing on zero, then half of your wager is returned.
- Slots. These gambling games give the opportunity to win a big amount of money on one of the many progressive jackpots.
Popular casino games
Here they are:
- Sic Bo
Top casino picks
We’ve chosen 9 online casinos according to their game selection, safety and security, fast payout times, customer support efficiency, bonuses and promotions as well as available languages and currencies.
Best Casino Sites of 2021:
- Fire Slots
- Cherry Gold
- Katsu casino
- Ocean Breeze
- Red Dog Casino Bonus page
- Grand Rush
Free and real money pokies
Are you eager to get started on your online real money pokies journey?
We’ve reviewed and compared the top online pokies casinos for Kiwi players. There are highly lucrative bonuses for winning real money pokies including no deposit free spins bonuses.
You can check the following websites and make sure you don’t need to pay in order to win money.
Here the best pokies for you to win real money or even become a millionaire:
- Moons Casino
- 7bit casino
- TwoUp Casino
- Fire slots
- Ocean Breeze
- Cherry Gold
- Casino Moons